St. Martha has two Multifunction Devices available for use. Each of these machines allows you to copy, scan, and print. The machine in the office hallway will allow you to fax from the machine or you can send a fax from your computer by using the LanFax print driver.
You will need to use a code to copy. The code is the last five digits of your 1500xxxx number.
Below is a description and location of each MFC and network printer:
SHARP-MX4140N PCL6 Office Hallway - This unit will print 40 pages per minutes, staple, scan and fax.
SHARP-MX-5140N PCL 6 Workroom - This unit will print 50 pages per minutes, staple, and scan.
Fax – Lan Fax driver to send faxes directly from any program on your computer.
St. Mary has one Multifunction Device available in the office. This is for office use only unless fax services are needed.
There is an HP Plotter to print banners, posters, etc. located in the St. Martha S.T.R.E.A.M lab. Please see the Assistant Principal at SMCS if you would like something printed on this machine.
Each staff member also has an HP OfficeJet Pro X576dw MFC in their room. These units will allow you to print and scan in color and/or black and white. You are encouraged to use the machine in your room instead of the office machines in the front office as these are much faster.
1. If the touch screen is not on, press the Home key on the printer.
2. Press the Scan icon shown below
3. Choose the Network Folder, Memory Device if you have inserted a USB drive, or Email Icon shown below. The Computer option is NOT enabled.
4. Choose your name from the screen.(Network only)
5. If you are scanning two sided using the document feeder, click on settings and make the change.
6. You may click on Filename:scan to rename before you scan.
7. Press Scan. Your file will be located in your H:\(network), email, or on memory device.
Black line on paper when scanning from document feeder?
The glass is dirty and needs to be cleaned! Look at the picture below. The two areas circled below will need to be cleaned for the line to disappear. If you clean and scan and find another line, guess what? You need to clean again! :)
Set Default Printer for Windows
- Click the Start icon button in the bottom left corner. (This will be four squares)
- Click Settings
- Click Devices
- Click Add a printer or scanner
- Scroll down below the list of populated printers and click The printer that I want isn’t listed
- In the pop up window, select Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature
- Click Next
- All printers are listed on this screen. Double click on your printer based on Location which is the physical room number.
- The printer will automatically install.
- Click Next
- Check the box next to Set as the default printer
- Click Finish
- Close the Devices window by click the X in the top right corner